International Ship Masters' Association
Cadet Scholarship Award
ELIGIBILITY: Third year Navigation & Engineering cadets attending Great Lakes marine schools in Traverse City, Michigan, and Owen Sound, Ontario.
CRITERIA: This scholarship will be presented to the students who:
• Demonstrate interest in the Great Lakes marine industry
• Plan on graduating and successfully writing a license to sail in the Great Lakes marine
industry and are personally motivated to do so
• Have provided reference letters
• Have successfully completed at least one sea project/work term with an above average
TO APPLY: Submit, via e-mail, an application message with the following attachments:
1. A short essay outlining who you are, your career goals, and why you feel you should
receive this award
2. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member or department head of your school,or
from a ship’s Deck or Engineering officer to whom the candidate was directly accountable
during the work term/sea project
3. A resume
4. Your most recent grade report/transcript
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE TO BE MADE VIA E-MAIL. ATTACHMENTS MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT.
Application Deadline: November 1, ANNUALLY
Scholarship Announcement Date: January 15
E-MAIL SUBMISSIONS OR MEMBERSHIP REQUESTS TO:
ISMA GRAND LODGE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Attn: Rebecca Hancock
ISMA Scholarship Chairman
The selection committee determines the final selection of all scholarship winners. Presentation of this award is in February at the annual ISMA Grand Lodge convention.
Value: $1,000 per scholarship.